What is 360schools?
360schools is a unique immersive 360° / VR education service for teachers that will eventually allow for consumption, creation, and collaboration of 360° / VR content both inside and outside of the classroom.
This alpha version of our service provides access to our vast collection of over 350,000 stunning, high-resolution 360° panoramas of safe and educationally relevant historical, cultural, and just plain beautiful locations from around the world. You can search for 360° panoramas by keyword or by using our interactive world map and share with your students. You can also embed our 360° panoramas into class blogs, LMS class feeds, and other websites that you use in your educational activities.
What are 360° panoramas and how do I navigate inside of them?
360° panoramas, also referred to as VR photos, virtual reality panoramas, sphere panoramas, are fully-spherical, 360° by 180° photos that run inside of a special software, which brings an interactive experience to the viewer. Our 360° panoramas are high-resolution and curated for quality and content.
There are a few ways to navigate in an interactive panorama on your computer:
- Click and drag while inside the panorama.
- Click and use arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Use the "radar" control in the lower left corner of each panorama.
How do I search for 360° panoramas?
Sign up to 360schools in order to search our massive database of over 350,000 high-resolution, fully-spherical, 360° panoramas from around the world. To find the panorama you are looking for, just enter a word or search term into the search box located in the website header at the top of each page.
How do I share 360° panoramas with my students?
- Copy and paste the link in the text box.
- Email the link to your students.
- Share the panorama to your classes in Google Classrooms.
Check out the example below showing how a teacher searched our World Map for a panorama of the Grand Canyon and shared with her students using all three methods described above.
How can I embed 360° panoramas?
Embedding is a simple way to place content, in our case 360° panoramas, directly into class blogs, LMS class feeds, and other websites that you use in your educational activities.
Next, go to My Embeds, either by clicking the hyperlink that appears in the window or via the dropdown menu in your account page.
And now comes the fun part...publishing the panorama from the unpublished panoramas you have saved on your My Embeds page.
How much does 360schools cost?
Your FREE account grants you access to the features described above:
- SEARCH & SHARE ANYWHERE Sign up to access hundreds of thousands of incredible 360° panoramas. Search for just the ones that you need and share with your students, wherever they are.
- ACCESS ON ANY DEVICE Enjoy our “technology agnostic” service, which will be available to you and your students on computer, tablet, smart phone, or VR headset.
- EMBED PANORAMAS Integrate up to three of our 360° panoramas into your Google Slides, class blogs, LMS class feeds, and other websites that you use in your educational activities.
Which features do you currently have in your roadmap?
We are developing a wide array of compelling features for which we will charge an affordable annual fee. These premium features will be rolled out step-by-step in the months to come.
- GUIDED TOURS Enjoy hundreds of interactive, 360° Guided Tours of educationally relevant themes and fascinating places from around the world. Incorporate our 360° panoramas and create your own interactive, 360° Guided Tours that you can share with your students.
- WEAK & NO INTERNET Access 360schools even if internet connections are weak or if the internet is not currently available.
- LMS INTEGRATION We will Integrate 360schools with popular Learning Management Systems in order to ensure hassle-free access to 360schools.
- STUDENTS CREATE 360° Empower your students to upload their own photography, even 360° panoramas, and create their own Guided Tours.
- STUDENTS COLLABORATE Allow your students to team up with other students from around the world to create Guided Tours together.
How can I contact you?
You can contact us via our feedback form or on email@example.com.